Civil War Overhaul
Civil War Overhaul was a mod in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which added new quests to the Civil War between the Stormcloaks and Imperials, which never appeared in game due to time limitations. This mod had been implemented in the compilation Epic Gameplay Overhaul.
Starting at an unknown period of time, the mod has been repeatedly hidden, due to the mod author making a statement regarding U.S. politics. At an unknown time, the mod was permanently removed with no reason given pertaining to why.
The main feature of the mod is to completely re-make the Civil War design in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Dragonborn's chosen faction will be set to win every battle, with the only exception being if the Dragonborn fails to defend a city controlled by their favored faction, more battles for control of other cities may occur.
The AI is also improved along with classes of enemies. The Stormcloaks will gain Giants and wolves, while the Imperials will get Champions. Both sides will gain Mage and Thief class soldiers to fight for their side. Tactics will be used with ranged enemies (mages and archers), staying back and suppressing the opposing side, while melee units charge forwards.
List of changesEdit
- Restores unused Breton and Redguard race files for spawning Imperial Soldiers. Bethesda deactivated for the final release.
- Adds Wizards for both sides.
- Stormcloaks gain Giants and tamed wolves.
- Imperials gain Champions (heavily armed and armored melee unit).
- Changes Stormcloak and Imperial AI so that Archers and Wizards will hang back firing while melee unites charge in.
- Hold capitals can come under siege and must be defended to maintain control of the Hold.
- It is now possible to lose battles and eventually the entire Civil War.