Undeath, sometimes referred to as The Elder Scrolls V: Undeath, is a mod authored by Antioch08 for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It adds several new features and locations to Skyrim, along with a new power and a few new spells for the Dragonborn to use, as well as a quest line with choices that impact the direction of the quests.
The Dragonborn suddenly finds themselves facing a group of necromancers who seek to use the forbidden arts to achieve immortality. Their adventures will take them across Skyrim and they will be faced with several crucial choices that will affect how the quest plays out.
Will the Dragonborn be a true villain who uses their foes' knowledge to become a lich, or will they destroy the unholy ritual to end the risk of it falling into the wrong hands? The decision and its consequences are theirs...
- A fully featured questline that allows the player to discover and obtain the necessary components for the ritual of undeath.
- Delve into the sewer network beneath Skyrim's capital of Solitude and root out its unseemly resident. Explore Hermaeus-Mora's Daedric realm of Oblivion in search of dark and buried secrets, and for those familiar with The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, return to the Dragontail Mountains and the infamous crypt network that the King of Worms and his sinister followers once called home at Scourg Barrow.
- Claim two new fittingly desolate lairs for necromancer or dark themed characters to call their own, and upgrade as they see fit.
- Seek out the mysterious 'Broker' and barter for poisons, black soul gems, flesh and hearts. A purveyor of resources other merchants would not dare to provide!
- Show your devotion to the Black Arts by offering grand soul gems to the forgotten patron of Necromancy at his altars. Evoke dark magic to blacken Grand and greater soul gems for your use!
- A range of virulent poison and decay spells have been added to magical vendors across Skyrim as would befit the arsenal of a necromage.
- There is great power in the spilling of blood. Make an offering of your own at certain altars and gain the power to control up to five reanimated creatures at once.
- A range of necromantic lore, new and old has been imported from past TES titles.
- Full custom soundtrack for all new areas composed by León van der Stadt.
- Fully voiced new vendor and possibly more!
Main Quest Edit
- In Their Footsteps
- Exhuming Power
- Arkay The Enemy
- Infernal Alchemy
- Scourg Barrow
- Black Book: Whispers of the Veil
- The Path of Transcendance
Since the release of Undeath, numerous updates have been made to the mod. The changelogs have been included below for reference. 1.0 is considered the original release.
- Initial Release.
- Fixed an issue with E3 demo content reappearing while Undeath was active. - Players can no longer be a Vampire Lord or Werewolf AND a Lich at the same time: becoming one will cure the player of their diseases and remove the associated transformations. - Fixed an issue with a conflict which was preventing 'Hitting the Books' from starting. - If a staff is equipped in your right hand it will now be used after transforming into a Lich. - Increased the speed of the Lich whilst transformed. - Shade of the Revenant changed from 6 days back up to 8 as it was in Oblivion. - Undeath passive now provides immunity to diseases. - Dark Pact can now be removed by recieving other blessings. - Ravenscorn Map marker moved closer to the tower to ensure it is triggered. - Tome of Unlife graphical bug fixed. - Ravenscorn Spire has been optimised with room bounds. - Solitude Sewer music tracks added. - Ravenscorn Spire music tracks added. - Brokers Shack music tracks added. - Dragontail Mountains music tracks added. - Scourg Barrow music tracks added. - Apocrypha music tracks added. - The Broker now has fully custom dialogue and can be asked about a number of topics.
- Custom music removed / disabled to attempt to prevent CTD's in all added locations. - Fixed an issue with Lich form duplicating staves it equipped. - Fixed an issue with Lich form re-equipping previously equipped staves, even if the player wasn't currently using one when they transformed. - Fixed an issue with the Broker's dialogue where she wouldn't give the player the book 'Necromancer's Moon'.
- Custom music re-added as loose files to prevent the CTD issue where it couldn't be read from the .bsa. - Reworked the transformation ritual so that it should no longer kill - or fail to trigger for players even if they completed it successfully. - The players race is now stored immediately before the first ritual transformation to prevent issues where the players race wasn't stored correctly due to alternative start mods. - More clouds added to Dragontail Mountains.