|Looking for something else?|
|This article is on the mod. If you are looking for the article on the location of the same name, see Wyrmstooth.|
Wyrmstooth, sometimes referred to as The Elder Scrolls V: Wyrmstooth, was a DLC-sized expansion of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that took place on the island of Wyrmstooth. It was created by Jonx0r and featured an entirely new main questline, side quests, new npcs and much more. The quest Dragon Hunt is initiated automatically after completing Dragon Rising if the Dragonborn's level is above 10.
On 3rd May 2016, the modification was deleted from all known mod hosting sites without any warning provided. The social media accounts of the modification at Twitter, Facebook and Google+ have all been removed as well. Although the page continues to exist at Mod DB, there are no downloads available.
On 13th May 2016, ten days after the deletion of the mod, the mod author announced through a Reddit discussion topic that there were personal reasons for deleting the modification and obliterating his online presence. He has stated that users are free to share the mod in private with others, but they will not receive any support from the mod author. The post was later deleted for an unspecified reason.
As one of the biggest mods created for Skyrim, its features are extensive, these features include:
- A challenging new quest with an exciting dragon battle
- Fight through one of the biggest dungeons in Tamriel with a group of followers
- Mind-control a draugr to solve a unique dungeon puzzle
- 30+ new characters
- 17 new quests, 2 main quests and 15 side quests
- A large new handcrafted landmass with its own map and map markers
- Over 200 lines of new recorded voice acting
- Make a new home for the Dragonborn out of an abandoned Imperial fort
- Placeable bear traps sold by Ja'Shavi-Dar and found in some dungeons
- Playable instruments (drum, flute and lute) found across the island
- Unlocks some cut content such as the shout Fiik Lo Sah (Phantom Form)
- Learn new spells such as Conjure Draugr and many more
- New harvestable ingredients
- Custom music tracks
|List of Quests|
Below are the change logs of the mod, up to the most recent version that existed before its removal.
- Initial Release on Skyrim Nexus
- Added an SEQ file to fix dialog bug. No longer need to save and reload a save for dialog to function properly.
- Removed an errant script on the dwemer elevator in the dragon's den that prevented it from being used.
- Fixed the roombound issue in the Hall Of The Dead. - Fixed an issue preventing the use of crafting benches after controlling the draugr. - Added voice acting for Lurius Liore. - Added a jail interior to barracks. - Added an imperial camp to imperial landing area. - Fixed door to The Hermit Inn not appearing once the questline is complete. - Goreduster now resurrects more powerful NPCs. - Added a new world map for Wyrmstooth with new map markers.
- Fixed a problem that caused idle lines to override quest specific dialog. - More object placement and lighting tweaks. - Added the new location Cragwater Camp to the island. - Redesigned the Wyrmstooth mine interior. - SEQ file is now loaded from the BSA and not from a loose file. - Added voice acting for Alberthor. - Mercenaries now stay away from the player while Alberthor is casting the spell. - NPCs no longer loiter at The Hermit inn indefinately. - Athir, Daenlit and Shargam can now be hired after defeating Vulthurkrah.
- Added voice acting for Vulthurkrah and Theodyn. - Added three new respawnable dwemer dungeons to Dimfrost. - Fixed Dimfrost location and encounter information. - Fixed more object placement problems. - Various tweaks to quest scripting. - Farm animals are now replaced once the town begins to rebuild. - Daenlit is back to being a Wood Elf. - Tweaked facegen data for the mercenaries.
- Added a new forest zone to the island. - Added a new swamp zone to the island. - Added a new glacier zone to the island. - Added quest stage journal descriptions. - Expanded the Wyrmstooth Mining Settlement. - Added a new fort 'Fort Moonwatch' to the island. - Added a new upgradeable player home 'Fort Valus' to the island. - Fixed an issue that caused Vulthurkrah to return to Ancient's Ascent. - Fixed more object placement problems. - Fixed a potential crash at the Solitude docks caused by invalid navmesh. - Fixed various other navmesh problems on Wyrmstooth. - Fixed an issue that prevented Shargam from being recruited. - Split Wyrmstooth Barrow into three separate interiors to resolve a memory issue. - Fixed an issue that led to a trespass warning on the Red Wave. - Fixed Dimfrost LOD land textures. Ground LOD was purple due to missing textures. - Fixed Wyrmstooth object LOD textures. Some objects had incorrect an LOD texture. - Fixed an issue that prevented Lurius from speaking after arriving at Wyrmstooth. - Fixed an issue that prevented Vulthurkrah from exiting his den properly. - Fixed various AI scheduling issues. - The Dragonborn is now added to the East Empire faction before recruiting. - Fixed an issue preventing Vulthurkrah from using shouts. - Initial release on Steam. - Added Fort Valus staff to unique faction to prevent possible conflicts. - Fixed an issue that prevented Vulthurkrah from attacking during the final battle.
- Ambient music now plays correctly on Wyrmstooth. - Added new music tracks for Wyrmstooth, Dimfrost and Wyrmstooth Barrow. - Added a new side-quest 'Someone with Backbone'. - Added a new side-quest 'A Howl Load of Trouble'. - Added a new side-quest 'Retrieving Embersunder'. - Added a new side-quest 'Robbed Blind'. - Added a new side-quest 'Unwanted Guests'. - Added a new side-quest 'Wrap Me Up'. - Added a new side-quest 'Repaying a Debt'. - Fixed an issue that caused the guards at Fort Valus to become hostile. - No longer need to be bloodkin to recruit Shargam. - Inserting goreduster into the slot now properly updates the journal. - Additional quest markers for 'Barrow of the Wyrm'. - Expanded Alberthor's role in 'Barrow of the Wyrm'. - Added new shout 'Fiik Lo Sah' (Phantom Form) and 3 new word wall locations. - Removed 'Boss' and 'Container' references to prevent radiant story assignment. - Fixed a problem that allowed players to start the quest below level 10. - Athir, Daenlit, Shargam and Elmera now have unique voice acting. - Idle dialogue is now correctly configured. - Reworked the Dimfrost worldspace. - Added new Wyrmstone and Brimstone mineables. - LOD resolution performance tweaks. - Added map markers for travelling between Skyrim and Wyrmstooth. - Fixed a camera issue when loading a save taken while controlling the draugr. - Added update.esm dependency. - Complete redesign of Fort Valus. - Alberthor now ignores hostiles while casting the control spell. - Tweaked occlusion around Wyrmstooth. - Fixed a rare crash in Castle Dour Jail. - Fixed a rare crash at Ancient's Ascent. - Renamed script files with WT_ prefix to prevent clashes with other mods. - Deleted redundant script files. - Mod cleaned with TES5Edit. - Added custom cloud layer to world map and tweaked camera positioning. - The mercenaries now ignore all friendly fire from the player. - Added playable instruments. - Added new beverages. - Added new harvestables.
- Fixed a navmesh problem near Cragwater Camp. - Removed unused script references from Vulthurkrah and Thelma. - Fixed issue with missing script file for playable instruments. - Fixed several other papyrus errors related to errant script linkages. - Added dialogue to skip mercenary recruitment stage. - Gave Lurius several new lines of conversation dialogue. - Fixed possible AI conflicts with Lurius when arriving at Wyrmstooth. - No longer need to sleep on Red Wave to travel to Wyrmstooth. - Fast travel map markers are now enabled upon arrival at Wyrmstooth. - Fixed a problem with the water level activator in the Luminatory. - Added a variety of new spells. - Reduced audio distortion on Elmera and Shargam's voice acting. - Fixed an issue preventing follower dismiss dialogue from appearing. - Added random encounters around the island. - Added a new camp 'Wanderers Camp' to the island. - Added a new camp 'Chillbone Camp' to the island. - Added a new camp 'Stormcloak Camp' to the island. - Added several new roads around the island. - Added more new harvestables. - Reworked the glacier zone. - Reading 'History of Wyrmstooth' now triggers Vulom's sidequest. - Added a new dungeon 'Krakevisa Midden' to the island. - Added a new dungeon 'Bloodfrost Burrow' to the island. - Added a new grove 'Gronndal Grove' to the island. - Added a new cave 'Blind Robbers Bluff' to the island. - Added a new side-quest 'Blind Robbers Cache'. - Added a new side-quest 'A Priceless Commodity'. - Added more music and follower comment triggers. - Fixed named reference that might've caused a crash in Luminatory. - Polycount optimization in Luminatory to improve load times. - Silver weapons can now be crafted and improved at a forge. - Added nirnroot around the island. - Added dragon events around the island. - Removed duplicate and unnecessary references to improve performance. - Solved bug associated with reading music files from archives. Custom music has been added back into Wyrmstooth. - Added 4 new miscellaneous objective quests.
- Fixed issue preventing new cure spells from appearing in spell list. - Fixed erroneous script properties on playable lutes. - Added a new dungeon 'Hermans Hold' to the island. - Fixed issue with an unlootable steam centurion in the Luminatory. - Removed cell ownership in Hall of the Dead to fix coffin labels. - Removed silver weapon smithing and tempering that were added in 1.8. - Removed unused effects. - Fixed the scripting on and the contents of Fjeimir's Note. - Fixed issue with a chair not upgrading properly in Fort Valus. - Some more performance tweaking in the Luminatory.
- Made Wyrmstooth.esp a false ESM file (Nexusmods/Moddb Only).
- Fixed Lurius Liore's say once dialogue bug. - Adjusted alchemy ingredient weightings. - The Fort Valus cook, blacksmith and gardener now trade. - Wyrmstooth music now plays inside Fort Valus, not dungeon music. - Removed some ambient dungeon sounds from Fort Valus. - Lorumend and Gundlof should now perform as bards. - More locations are subject to random dragon attacks. - Wyrmstooth.ini removed from package (Nexusmods/Moddb Only). - The Fort Valus Common House interiors are no longer joined. - Removed the prison rotunda from the Fort Valus barracks. - Removed the unnecessary dwemer section from Frostvein mine. - Implemented a prison system on Wyrmstooth. - Removed errant door transition from the Mining Settlement. - Some locations around Wyrmstooth are now clearable. - Radiant quests can now be assigned to Wyrmstooth locations. - Fixed errant location information on some cells. - Most houses around Wyrmstooth now have shadowmarks. - Added ambush behaviour to the dragons in the steampools. - Reduced Imperials involved in final battle to improve performance. - Wyrmstooth Barrow now has a named boss. - Fixed Lurius and Theodyn sometimes not appearing in Bannered Mare. - Reduced mob size in the Refectory to prevent possible crash. - Followers may now be able to follow you into Dimfrost. - Reworked some areas of Wyrmstooth Barrow, especially the refectory. - Saeglopur farm is no longer totally abandoned per se... - Hid a few treasure chests around the island. - Added more follower comment triggers around the island. - The miners at Gronndal Grove are now hostile to the dragons. - Named unnamed relationships, deleted unused relationships. - Fixed a few more navmesh and door portal issues.
- Door to Luminatory water elevator no longer slightly askew. - Set minimum level for Wyrmstooth encounter zones to 10. - Reduced Nighthunter's Locket value to make it easier to pickpocket. - The Severed Leg can now be improved with Human Flesh. - Some named Fort Valus staff can now be asked to follow you. - Added a second elevator to Dimfrost. - Faelor should now be able to enter buildings. - Fixed spell absorption on Wyrmstooth's new conjuration spells. - Reworked some portions of the Dimfrost sub dungeons. - Goreduster can no longer can be sold or dropped.
- Fixed issue with Vulthurkrah's raise dead scene not triggering. - Bloodfrost Burrow's boss vampire no longer enabled by default. - Added additional enable trigger for Wyrmstooth map marker. - Fixed script-related issue with a dead horse at the settlement. - Fixed issue with legion carts not moving during final scene. - Fixed issue with dragon aggression during final battle. - Fixed issue with town not rebuilding after Barrow of the Wyrm. - Added a thieves guild fence to The Hermit Inn. - Added a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary player home. - Fixed issue that could prevent the mercenaries from appearing. - Reclaiming The Past starts if you enter any building at Fort Valus. - Added new random events for the Wyrmstooth worldspace. - Vampires no longer receive sun damage in Dimfrost. - Arvak can now be summoned on Wyrmstooth and in Dimfrost. - Residents now properly lock and unlock their doors. - Sigur now walks to the correct bed when renting a room. - Bulak now trades potions and ingredients. - Fixed issue with spriggan matriarch not becoming hostile. - Removed unused location: Cutpurse Crevasse.
- Fixed issue with random encounters returning NPCs to holding cell. - Fixed issue that may prevent random encounter NPCs from travelling. - Fixed issue with ship at docks disappearing. - Fixed issue with new elevator shaft to/from dimfrost disappearing. - Added a few new points of interest around the island. - Added more conjure draugr spell tomes inside Wyrmstooth Barrow. - Wyrmstooth now has (miserable) climate and weather most days. - Added Crimson Nirnroot to Dimfrost. - Fixed random event crowding. - The mercenaries now sandbox-follow during Barrow of the Wyrm. - Increased wordwall word pickup distance. - Added sporadic lightning to the northern marsh. - Lurius Liore is now excluded from bard audiences. - Lava now does a heck of a lot more damage. - Vulthurkrah now uses his own storm call instead of Alduins. - Replaced generic Bandits with Marauders. - The draugr could be killed by accident before Alberthor's spell. - Fixed issue that prevented soldiers exiting the imperial carts. - Vulthurkrah now resurrects the imperials that die in battle. - Elmera no longer follows so closely during final battle. - Added more new spells. Check Krakevisa for new spell tomes. - The Marauder boss at Cragwater is no longer enabled by default. - The draugr can now strike and kill things while controlled. - Set up regions around the island. - Added relationships to help mercenaries ignore friendly fire. - Added Theodyn to random events to help him find you. Big thanks to Arthmoor for the following: - Fixed a bunch of papyrus spam due to bad trigger config. - Fixed issue preventing weapon retrieval from plaques and racks. - Fixed missing quest link on word walls. And Sheson for the following: - Fixed problem with wrong texture used on Emperor Parasol LOD.
- Fixed a couple map marker typos. - Added lock lists to Fort Valus to support NPC schedules. - Cure Poison is now an Adept level spell (as requested). - Cure Disease is now an Expert level spell (as requested). - Fixed Cure Poison and Cure Disease casting effects. - Added Artisanix's Paintings and Frames resource. - Added Blary's Ingredients Wall Art resource. - Added new regional ambient sounds. - Added a bunch of new custom modeled clutter assets. - Added voice acting for many mining settlement NPCs. - Fixed collision mesh on the Emperor Parasol mushrooms. - Reworked the distribution of the Elf Cup harvestable. - Did a bit more performance tweaking around the island. - Fixed issue with door marker to The Hermit not on navmesh. - Improved UVs on Emperor Parasol mushroom. - Helmets worn by Marauders no longer labeled Helm of Yngol. - Added more fire emitters to the mining settlement. - Leone was incorrectly named Vontus. She wasn't happy. - Added a few new dwemer convectors across Wyrmstooth. - Added a new merchant with a large amount of gold to trade. - Dead named NPCs now have their own coffins or urns. - Dead named NPCs will now be cleaned up properly. - Added debug door to holder cell in case scripted moves fail. - Lurius & co getting hit repeatedly no longer results in crash. Important: - Lurius & co now in the DunPlayerAllyFaction instead of the Player faction. This *may* fix issues caused by other mods preventing Player faction members from speaking or that make members of the Player faction hostile to each other.
- Bog Beacon ingredient renamed to Bog Beacon Asco Cap. - Fort Valus staff are now marked as protected. - Fixed inventory art for Cure Disease/Poison spell tomes. - The 'floating' door at the imperial camp has been deleted. - Slightly increased mercenary follow distance. - Made the draugr overlords tougher. - The new bird sounds should now have more volume variation. - Lo...Sah changed to Lo ... Sah to conform with UKSP changes. - The wall safe in the Fort Valus muster is now accessible. - Fort Valus guards should now be more inclined to help player. - Recompiled Ynglod Ironbender's barter script. - Fixed unlinked weapon rack activators in Fort Valus. - Added Lock List to Holder Cell to better track Lurius & co. - Added a couple new triggered events around the island. - Trespass dialogue has been fixed. - Shouting at the sun in Dimfrost now triggers enemies. - Added a few Ayleid ruins around the island. - Added a certain ingredient with its associated recipe. ;) - Added something kinda creepy to Herman's Hideout... - Added a unique sunrise/sunset weather.